The following standards have been put in place to enhance the communication flow between Police and CW Groups. This protocol will also help our Crime Prevention Specialist streamline our CW Groups into our growing community.Protocol for CW Groups
- CW Groups must meet at least once a year
- CW Groups must submit any crime related issues to their CPS via e-mail, letter, or phone if CPS is not present at meeting
- There must be at least 2 weeks notice for all CW meetings to their CPS or CPS attendance is not guaranteed.
- Any request for Police Officer attendance will be scheduled at least 2 weeks prior to the meeting and scheduled through their CPS.
- Police Officer/CPS will be scheduled to speak first at CW meetings to allow Police Officers to go back in service.
- All changes to CW meetings, to include dates, time, and cancellations will be reported to their CPS immediately
Protocol for Your CPS ( Crime Prevention Specialist )
- CPS will attend each CW Group meeting at least once every three months.
- CPS will mail/email crime information and crime statistics to the CW representative when CPS is not able to attend and if requested.
- All information gathered from CW meetings or representatives will be forwarded to the appropriate unit within the Police Department
- CPS will notify the appropriate unit of any request for attendance at CW meetings with at least 2 weeks notice
- CPS will send out Crime Alerts for all areas designated with in a CW area and for areas with Hot-Spots via email, letter, CityWatch, etc
- CPS will hold Quarterly Training for CW Coordinators and will notify them at least 2 weeks prior to the training date