Release: IMMEDIATE Contact: Gavin MacRoberts, Public Information Officer
Date: 4/11/2012 Phone: (910) 433-1896, (910) 433-1374 (on-call cell)
Operation Ceasefire: Movie Night Schedule
The movies for this summer's Operation Ceasefire Movie Night program have been scheduled and organizers are looking forward to entertaining families while sharing the message of firearm safety. All movies are FREE & open to the PUBLIC. The Goal of Movie Night is to talk with families about gun safety, gun violence, hand out brochures, and the event is a preventative strategy to end the violence.
- May 11, 2012- Rio, at Mendoza Park in Spring Lake Free. There will be free popcorn; other concessions available for purchase. Sponsored by Spring Lake Parks/Rec
- June 22, 2012- Adventures of Tin Tin, at Festival Park in Fayetteville, there will be free concessions. Sponsored by the Fayetteville Police Foundation
- August 17, 2012- Courageous, at Kingdom Impact Global Ministries - 2503 Murchison Rd. There will be free concessions. Sponsored by the Fayetteville Police Foundation.
- September 7, 2012- movie to be determined later, at New Life Christian Church - 1268 Ireland Dr. There will be free concessions. Sponsored by the Fayetteville Police Foundation.
- October 26, 2012- Lorax, at the Trunk or Treat event held at JP Riddle Stadium. There will be free candy handed out as part of the event. Sponsored by the Fayetteville Police Foundation & The Fayetteville Swamp Dogs.
Events open at 7:30pm and the movies start after the sun has set.
Movie selections are subject to change based on availability
Operation Ceasefire is a multi-agency collaboration between federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies to end gun violence. Some of the programs Operation Ceasefire runs throughout the year include:
- Movie Night
- Fugitive Surrender
- Offender Call ins
- Community Outreach
- Suppression Programs
If you would like to learn more about the Operation Ceasefire, you can visit their website at http://ceasefire.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/ or call (910) 484-1989.