Safety Tips for the Dogwood Festival:
With a weekend of fun planned for the Dogwood Festival, the Fayetteville Police Department would like to provide the public a few tips to help make sure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience this weekend.
- Leave early and be prepared for large crowds
- Plan your route to avoid closed streets and extra traffic
- Park in designated areas
- Lock your vehicle and secure your valuables
- Drink plenty of water and don't forget to bring sunscreen and comfortable shoes
- Use designated crosswalks
- Stay off the railroad tracks
Extra Police Officers will be on site at the festival and patrolling the area. Anyone witnessing suspicious activity or a crime in progress is encouraged to flag down an officer or dial 911.
There are also a few rules to follow when heading to the festival:
- No alcoholic beverages outside of designated areas
- No coolers
- No pets (except for service animals)
- No weapons of any kind
Be sure to park in designated areas as your vehicle may be towed if it is parked illegally or on private property. A free site-to-site shuttle service will be running every 15 minutes 3 pm to 11 pm on Saturday and from 1 pm to 6 pm on Sunday. Drivers can park at the Parks and Recreation Facility at 121 Lamon St. and take the shuttle to the Bank of America Parking Lot at the corner of Ray Ave and Mason St.
Disabled parking will be provided at the Hay St. United Methodist Church Parking Lot and the Bank of America Parking lot on Ray Ave after 6 pm on Friday, through the weekend. Availability is on a first come, first serve basis.
Additional parking may be found at:
- Cumberland County Courthouse Parking Lots
- City lots on Person St. and Old St.
- The paid parking lot at the Systel Building at 225 Green St.
For more information and schedule of events, you can go to the Dogwood Festival website: http://www.faydogwoodfestival.com/