Fayetteville Police Department
The Fayetteville Police Department is currently accepting lateral applications as well as applications from individuals with a BLET certificate. The Fayetteville Police Department will begin accepting applications from inexperienced candidates on February 3, 2014 through May 30, 2014 for a mid July 2014 Academy. Out of state laterals need two years of experience and no more than one year of separation from their last law enforcement employment. The Fayetteville Police Department will also provide compensation to candidates for prior service, up to 13 years of credible service.
Fayetteville is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. The following sites offer helpful information to help you make the move.
Fayetteville Police Department offers the following benefits...
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Education incentives
- In-house Basic Law Enforcement Training Academy (BLET)
- Uniforms and state of the art equipment provided
- Opportunities for Specialized assignments
- And much more...
We invite all interested candidates to schedule a ride-along with one of our patrol units to get a feel for what working with the Fayetteville Police Department is all about.
Process to Schedule Ride Alongs
- Visit the Fayetteville Police Department located at 467 Hay Street, between the hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm - Monday thru Friday.
- At that time, you will be required to provide a valid driver's license (any state, as long as it is valid) and fill out the Ride Along Request Form.
- After a background check is completed, the Office of Professional Standards and Investigations (OPS) will approve or disapprove the request, depending on the findings (no convicted felons will be authorized to participate in the program).
- Once approved, you will be contacted to schedule your Ride Along.
- Applicants are authorized to participate in the Program once, every six (6) months.
- If you have any further questions, please contact the Office of Professional Standards at 910-433-1820
For questions regarding the Fayetteville Police Department’s application/hiring process or the training academy contact…
- Recruitment/Training Division
- Cathy Bell, Office Assistant
- City of Fayetteville Human Resources
- (910) 433-1902
- (910) 433-1903
- (910) 433-1635